During these days of of stress, conflict and tragedy, I feel that all of us could use a little humor to brighten our otherwise less cheerful moments. On that note, I came across the following sent to me by a minister friend almost twenty years ago. Hope it helps lighten your day.
THERE WERE 3 GOOD ARGUMENTS THAT JESUS WAS BLACK:
1. He called everyone “brother”
2. He liked Gospel
3. He couldn’t get a fair trial
BUT THEN THERE WERE 3 EQUALLY GOOD ARGUMENTS THAT JESUS WAS JEWISH:
1. He went into his Father’s business
2. He lived at home until he was 30.
3. He was sure his mother was a virgin and his mother was sure he was God.
BUT THEN THERE WERE 3 EQUALLY GOOD ARGUMENTS THAT JESUS WAS ITALIAN:
1. He talked with his hands
2. He had wine with every meal
3. He used olive oil.
BUT THEN THERE WERE 3 EQUALLY GOOD ARGUMENTS THAT JESUS WAS A CALIFORNIAN.
1. He never cut his hair
2. He walked around barefoot all the time
3. He started a new religion
BUT THEN THERE WERE 3 EQUALLY GOOD ARGUMENTS THAT JESUS WAS IRISH:
1. He never got married
2. He was always telling stories
3. He loved green pastures
BUT THE MOST COMPELLING EVIDENCE OF ALL, 3 PROOFS THAT JESUS WAS A WOMAN:
1. He fed a crowd at a moment’s notice when there was no food.
2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men who just didn’t get it
3. And even when he was dead, He had to get up because there was more work to do.